Importance of metal in a false ceiling and drywall system
Gyproc false ceilings and drywalls are lightweight and easy to install. Besides enhancing the beauty of any interior space, they also provide better acoustics, fire protection, and thermal insulation. They are 100% recyclable.
A drywall or false ceiling system has a strong spine of GI metal framework with plasterboard as its face. The metal framework gives the system its strength, long life, and enhanced performance. Any compromise on the quality of the metal components can lead to permanent system failure.
The JK Steel advantage
JK Steel metal components and accessories come with the assurance of quality from Gyproc. JK Steel is manufactured through a cold rolled pre-forming process that locally work-hardens the base material, and provides great strength to the false ceiling and drywall systems.
JK Steel is made of special high-performance steel that undergoes stringent quality checks and controls to ensure correct and consistent base material for further profiling. The steel comes in rolled coils to maintain the proper thickness throughout its length. Quality checks ensure correct selection of material for strength and corrosion resistance. The steel sheet is work-hardened by passing it through a teethed roller with a patented design from Hadley which gives a typical unique knurling pattern on the surface. This knurling pattern is a key identifier of genuine JK Steel from Gyproc.
Advantages of JK Steel
JK Steel advantages include:
- Increased load carrying capacity of as high as 36%
- Improved screw retention of 17% and increased spring tension of 30%.
- The unique knurling design improves sound insulation by 10% and fire resistance by 33%.
- Faster, safer and easier to install and cut
- Increased friction fitting
- No screw stripping or screw riding
- Sight lines on flanges for more precise joints
- Improved productivity and quality
- Tighter stud to track friction fitting
- Improved safety by reducing sharp edges and lips